We at Coloma High School are proud to offer a comprehensive curriculum that is personalized to help students achieve educational excellence. Course options range from college preparatory to Career and Technical Education classes, all designed to help students have a positive transition from high school to the world of work or to post-secondary education. Coloma High School’s broad selection of courses provide students with the opportunity to complete the rigorous requirements outlined by the Michigan Merit Curriculum while maintaining manageable class sizes and promoting relationship building between students and staff.
- Coloma High School’s high achieving students have the opportunity to enroll in AP Language and Composition, AP Calculus, AP Civics, AP Psychology, AP Physics, and AP Microeconomics.
- Members of the class of 2013 earned college credits through dual enrollment, direct credit options, and advanced placement scores prior to graduation.
- CHS students benefit from the efforts of a school counselor who helps senior students and their families with college plans, campus visitations, financial aid, college and scholarship applications, and much more.
- All CHS teachers are highly qualified and 67% hold a Master’s Degree or higher.
- CHS was recognized by the Michigan Department of Education as a Rewards School in 2011-12 and 2012-13 for its efforts in improving!
- All CHS Career and Technical Education courses are articulated with colleges and universities that extend college credit upon successful completion of the high school course. The courses include Accounting, Automotive Technology, Business Management Technology, Drafting & Design Technology, Welding, and Machine Tool.
- 50% of CHS students participate in one or more co-curricular programs in athletics, academic clubs and the performing arts.
- More than 25% of the staff is trained in Cornell University’s Therapeutic Crisis Intervention and its associated strategies for dealing with students in crisis.